Digital Boost works with Governments and Businesses to help small businesses and charities learn digital skills so that their organisations are better equipped to survive and lead the UK to economic recovery. The Digital Boost platform matches people working for and leading small businesses and charities in urgent need of digitalisation help with volunteer digital business experts. Support is delivered through 1:1 mentoring calls, workshops (interactive webinars) and online content.
Apply by sending an email with your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
About Digital Boost
Digital Boost is a small, fast growing non-profit, founded in mid 2020 in response to Covid-19. Our Mission is simple: to help charities and small businesses get the essential digital skills they need to survive, grow and be more productive. We are committed to helping close the digital divide and enabling an inclusive economic recovery.
How do we do it? We use our proprietary technology platform to match organisations who need to upskill with volunteer digital and business experts who can help - for free. Our services include one-to-one mentoring as well as workshops, personalised learning recommendations and resources. We deliver our services via the support of thousands of volunteers and a wide array of partners, including Google, BT, Bloomberg, Mastercard and more.
At the heart of our service is our proprietary online platform, where mentees and mentors request and offer help. We’re seeking a talented, user-focused designer (UI/UX) to help us optimise our site so it’s easy, logical and fun to use. You’ll use deep empathy for our different user groups to review our current user interface and experience and identify, design and help implement improvements.
This is a part-time position on a contract basis, working closely with our smart, friendly and fully remote team. We’re looking to establish a longer-term relationship with a designer, with a flexible schedule depending on needs. The scope may be delivered out of traditional office hours if desired. Ideally suited for a freelancer who is passionate about the product and wishes to produce a long term impact.
As part of a small, dynamic organisation, no two days are the same, but here are some things you’d be responsible for:
• Understand business and customer problems, along with key requirements
• Generate ideas for improving the user interface and user experience
• Turn ideas into design concepts
• Design solutions which are logical, elegant and easy to use over a number of devices, and align with business and customer need and expectations
• Own and govern a variety of UI & UX artefacts including customer journeys, wireframes, prototypes, information architecture and interaction design using data and insights where required (interviews, remote testing, surveys, customer feedback and analytics)
• Continually learn and optimise to improve the experience
The most important criteria is your passion for collaboration, problem-solving and making an impact. However, here are some other things that are useful:
What we offer